Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Coronary heart disease
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services - Pill checks and general advice
- Childhood immunisations
- Maternity services
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood tests
- Ear syringing
- Minor surgery
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including flu and travel.
- Wound dressing/removal of sutures
- NHS Health Checks - for eligible patients. Ask at reception for details
- Counselling - via self or GP referral
Home Visits - We ask that all home visit requests are with us by 11am to enable us to plan the GPs day effectively. Visits are shared out equally amongst the GPs on duty that day so you cannot request a particular GP as they may not be working that day. Home visits are not done during the extended hours period.
The receptionist will need as much information as possible to enable the GP to prioritise requests. A decision to visit remains at the GPs discretion and is based on their assessment of medical necessity. On some occasions there may be a telephone medical consultation and advice given as an alternative.